Best Web Hosting for Small Business (2021)
A great web hosting for your business website …
… should have stable uptime/speed, reasonable prices, and features (built-in POS, email host, etc.) that facilitate or help grow your business. At the top of my list A2-hosting is the best web host for most small business
In this article we will compare the best hosting services for small business and go into the details of some of the popular ones. If you are looking for more review visit our general Top 6 Web Hosting
Compare web hosting for small businesses
|Web Host||Entry Price||Site Migration||Free SSL||Extra Cheap?|
|A2-hosting||$ 2.99 / month||Free||Yes||No|
|Hostinger||$ 1.39 / month||No||Yes||Yes|
|AltusHost||€ 5.98 / month||Free||Yes||No|
|interserver||$ 5.00 / month||Free||Yes||No|
|Shopify||$ 29.00 / month||No||Yes||No|
|ScalaHosting||$ 3.95 / month||Free||Yes||No|
|GreenGeeks||$ 2.49 / month||Free||Yes||Yes|
|InMotion Hosting||$ 2.49 / month||Free||Yes||Yes|
|TMD-hosting||$ 2.95 / month||Free||Yes||No|
|BigCommerce||$ 29.95 / month||No||Yes||No|
|SiteGround||$ 6.99 / month||With plug-in||Yes||No|
- Host email: You can host your own email accounts (firstname.lastname@example.org) if Yes”.
- Extra cheap: Entry-level plans with ultra-low price available if “Yes” – these extra cheap subscriptions may not be suitable for developed companies, but great for new startups.
- Free SSL: Company supports free and easy to install SSL certificate if “Yes”.
- Site Migration: Provider offers “white glove” site migration service if “free”; self-help migration with CMS plug-in if “With plug-in”.
- Eco-Friendly: Platform powered by renewable energy or compensated with green energy certificate if “Yes”.
- POS System: Built-in point of sale system included if “Yes”.
- Payment Gateway: Built-in payment gateway available if “Yes” – useful if you want to receive payments from your international customers directly from your website.
Finding the best web hosting for small businesses is quite easy. The best approach to this is to find the best match for what you are looking for. Business websites can be unique in many ways, and you don’t always need the best of everything. Over what another website owner may find to complain about, you may discover that it is an ideal solution for your needs. Some web hosts may be good in certain areas, such as speed and the latest technology; while others may focus on providing a stable server and a cheaper rate.
Why is good business web hosting important?
As a business owner, I really understand why companies are often cautious and picky about their web host. You need to stick with the right service at the right price and the right quality. The “best” web host may not be the best choice.
Best web hosting for small businesses reviewed
Let’s take a look at some of the best web hosting for small business on the market. To make my reviews relevant and useful, I will examine only five of them and pay extra attention to features that are important for business.
1. A2-hosting, web hosting for small business
A2 Hosting – Great support / All-rounder business hosting
A2 Hosting has been around for a long time – since 2001 to be exact. Unlike many others that have influenced over the years, the company remains privately owned. This steadfastness has led to some impressive results.
Although A2 Hosting offers a full range of web hosting plans, they are impressively feature-packed and powerful. The end result is much better potential for those looking to host business websites. Even shared hosting here is robust and comes with a host of developer-friendly features.
The A2 Hosting service is supported by all three support methods (live chat, phone and email ticket). Contacting them by phone is the fastest way to get your problem professionally resolved.
A2 Hosting Review
- Solid server performance
- Great first time discount on shared hosting plans – save up to 72%
- Supports a wide range of CRM
- Ultra-competitive reseller hosting
- Multiple developer friendly features
- SSD and NVMe storage for faster website load times
- Free website migration – good for busy entrepreneurs
- Server locations in the US, Netherlands and Singapore
- Rising prices
- Expensive VPS subscriptions
- Hosting price increases after first term
Plans & Prices *
- Startup plan – $ 2.99 / month (72% discount)
- Drive Plan – $ 4.99 / month (61% discount)
- Turbo Boost Plan – $ 9.99 / month (52% discount)
- Turbo Max Plan – $14.99 / month (42% discount)
- Read more in my in-depth A2Hosting review.
Which A2 hosting plan should I choose for businesses?
A2 Hosting sells more than just types of subscriptions and this is good news for business users. It has very specific plans that fit a diversity of business needs, from those that offer CRM support to packages with WHCMS licenses. Their plans are also environmentally friendly and meet Zero Carbon needs.
- For simple business websites – I recommend Startup ($2.99 / mn) or Drive subscriptions ($4.99 / mn) – the main difference between the two is domain and storage capacity.
- For e-commerce or advanced business websites – TurboBoost Plan ($9.99 / month) offers the new NVMe storage and loads 20x faster.
- For resellers or agencies – A2’s Turbo Kickstart Reseller Plan ($29.99 / mn) includes free WHMCS and offers the option to add WHMCS licenses at competitive prices (add 1,000 customers for $20 / mn).
If A2 is not right for your business, you can look at: InMotion Hosting, GreenGeeks, TMD hosting.
2. Hostinger, web hosting for small business
Hostinger – Value for money, starting at $0.99 per month
Hostinger is relatively new, but has the cheapest web hosting for small business on our list. Starting at just $0.99 / month, Hostinger Single allows users to host one website and one email account with 100 GB of bandwidth. and later upgrade to higher plans (known as “Premium” and “Business”).
Hostinger premium plan – “Business” is cheaper than the market average (signing up for $3.99 / month) and comes with several premium features, including MariaDB (for a secure database), SSH access (for better security), free SSL, automatic daily backup, and pre-optimised servers for site speed.
- Solid server performance – Good uptime (> 99.95%) and response time (<600 ms)
- Very cheap to start, a shared hosting plan starts at $0.99/mo for new users which is best for small businesses looking for great deals
- Drag and drop sitebuilder (developed internally) to easily create a website
- Extra security features, free domain name and automated daily backup for Premium and Business plans
- Free website migration – good for busy entrepreneurs
- Flexible VPS hosting plans (different levels of 6)
- Top-level data backups for VPS hosting accounts
- A single subscription is cheap, but quite basic – only suitable for those who need a simple static website
- Hosting price increases after the first term
Hostinger plans and prices *
- Single subscription – $ 0.99 / month
- Premium subscription – $ 2.19 / month
- Business plan – $3.99 / month
Which Hostinger hosting plan fits?
If you just need a simple static website to showcase your business (a flyer website), look no further – Hostinger is your answer. The $0.99 / month Single Plan is the cheapest (but reliable) web hosting for small business you can ever get.
However, keep in mind that you get what you pay for: some useful features, such as daily backups, unlimited cron job and SSH access, are only available in Premium or Business subscriptions. I would recommend you to go with Hostinger Business (or upgrade later) if you are serious about your business.
For business websites running on WordPress, Hostinger also offers optimized WordPress solutions for $1.99 / month – which is good value for money.
It’s hard to find a web hosting for small business of comparable quality for such a cheap price, but if you want alternatives, check out: GreenGeeks, Hostens, TMD-hosting. Visit Hostinger
3. AltusHost, web hosting for small business
AltusHost – The best business hosting solutions in Europe
AltusHost, founded in 2008, has been one of the popular names among European hosting users for almost two decades. Headquartered in the Netherlands, the company offers first-class customer support and server locations in Bulgaria, the Netherlands and Sweden.
With numerous hosting plans (VPS, Reseller, Colocation) and business hosting starting at €5.95 per month, AltusHost offers an affordable and highly scalable solution for businesses looking for premium hosting outside the United States.
- No overselling policy – Hosting performance guaranteed
- Free data backup included with all business hosting plans
- Flexible billing methods – PayPal, bank transfer, Bitcoin, etc.
- Affordable SSL certificate from the European SSL authority
- Europe-focused colocation hosting service
- Long business track record and reputable
- Limited email accounts for Biz 20 and Biz 50
- Server location in Europe only
- Biz 20 starts at € 5.95 / month
- Biz 50 starts at € 11.98 / month
- Biz 100 starts at € 23.98 / month
Which Altushost Biz hosting plan?
AltusHost Biz 20 subscriptions include 20 GB of SSD storage, 2 GB of RAM, free daily backup, free Let’s Encrypt SSL and a premium website builder – which I think is good enough for any new small business website.
For upgrades and larger business websites – their KVM-based VPS hosting plans are powerful and reasonably priced.
Look for other Europe-based hosting providers with a wide product range and great performance Hosts, Scala Hosting, SiteGroundVisit AltusHost
4. interserver, web hosting for small business
Interserver – Flexible plans with great after-sales support
InterServer, founded by Michael Lavrik and John Quaglieri, is a New Jersey-based company that has been in the game since 1999.
The hosting provider, which initially launched as a reseller of a virtual hosting account, has grown over the past 17 years and now operates two data centers in New Jersey and is expanding to additional locations.
The best thing about InterServer are their solid server performance, guaranteed email delivery and locked-in signup price. The company promises that they will never increase their price during renewal and will keep their server utilization below 50% utilization for sudden traffic spikes. In addition, the new Guaranteed Email Delivery feature ensures that important business emails you send won’t get stuck in the recipient’s junk box.
Read our special review on Interserver
- Good uptime of hosting (> 99.97%) and excellent server response time (<220 ms)
- Special discount: for new purchases, use promo code WHSRPENNY to try Interserver at $0.01 / mo (first month only).
- Fixed price on all shared and VPS hosting plans (no renewal fee on renewal)
- Free website migration – good for busy entrepreneurs
- Weekly backup only
- Server location in the US only.
- All-in-one shared hosting starts at $2.50 / month
Which InterServer subscription is right for small to medium businesses?
The Interserver Standard Shared Hosting Plan is good enough for new or small businesses. Priced at $2.50/month for the first year ($7/month if you renew), you get all the essential business hosting features plus an automatic virus scanner, machine learning firewall, internal caching and guaranteed email delivery.
If Interserver is not right web hosting for small business for your, consider hosting solutions by GreenGeeks, Scala Hosting, TMD hosting. Visit Interserver
5. Shopify, web hosting for small business
Shopify – Great for e-commerce, but expensive
Although Shopify functions as a website builder, it is technically more inclined to those who want that build an online store. This makes it very much in sync with many companies competing in the digital space today.
The ease of use that a website builder can bring to building an eCommerce store should not be underestimated. Most small businesses would not have the internal competence to do this and outsourcing would likely cost much more than what you could achieve with Shopify.
In addition, you can also integrate your Shopify site with your POS shopping system and use add-ons to manage inventory. This allows you to transcend the physical versus retail division and provide customers with a truly integrated experience
In retrospect, Shopify may not be right for everyone, but there is no denying that it has a specific focus – and that is to help you sell. It seems to me to be the ideal partner for many companies, especially since all their plans include e-commerce functionality.
- Many add-on tools available
- Simple and powerful integrated payments – work with over 100 external payment gateways
- Highly customizable stores with 70+ professionally designed themes
- Free SSL certificate and abandoned car recovery for all plans
- POS integration available – Promote and sell on multiple channels (Amazon, Facebook, Instagram, etc.) within Shopify
- The fees are a bit prohibitive unless you are a dedicated e-Tailer
- Profit margin losses – Shopify charges 0.5 – 2% transaction fees
- Some add-ons cost extra
- Limited access to some SEO features of websites
- Basic Shopify – $29 / month
- Shopify – $79 / month
- Advanced Shopify – $299 / month
Is Shopify right for you?
Shopify Basic is a good start for most small to medium sized businesses.
Shopify, to be fair, is more expensive than most other site-builders on the market. However, it is also very dedicated to the eCommerce scene and that can be a big plus for businesses, especially because of their POS integration feature. The pricing structure is simple and you just need to align your business needs.
Great alternatives to Shopify include BigCommerce, weebly, WixVisit Shopify